Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Entroido in Galicia!

Good night!!
On my new post I'm going to talk about one of my favourite parties, it is the Entroido.
Entroido is the name that we use in Galicia to name the Carnival, here it is celebrated forty days before Easter , so it usually coincides with the month of February.

In the area where I live it is not celebrated as much as others, but there are activities for children and night parties for teenagers and adults.
Almost every day at night people go to the party but Monday is the day in where there are more people, but my favourite day is Tuesday because near my village there are carnival parades, I go every year to Puebla to see them, this year there isn't parade on Tuesday beacause the weather was bad, but the parade was the following week.
Another celebration is so called "O Felipe" in where people wear black clothes and they act widows and shout in the street because they are sad due to the death of Felipe, finally he is burned in a bonfire.
I went to the Felipe a lot of times when I was young.







Also, during the Entroido people make typical desserts, one of them are the donuts, others are a type of pancakes nemed "filloas" and the latest are the "ears".
In my family is my grandmother and her sister the persons who make them and they cook very well, so I love these desserts!






I love disguising and this year I decided to wear a clown costume because it is very fun due to it has a lot of diferent colours, and also I painted my face like a clown, as you can see in the pictures.
I went to the party on Monday with Nerea and Nazareth who were disguised just like me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.